Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Enroute to Great Friends

As I write this I am sitting in the San Francisco airport, waiting for my flight to Houston, then to Dallas, Texas. There I will be spending my Thanksgiving break with a good friend named Aron Philips and his family. Aron was in 1st year at BSSM with me last year and we really connected. He is one of a couple people that I think I have a covenant relationship with. What that means to me is that I have decided to keep in connection with Aron for the rest of my life. If he were to ever need my help or input with something I would do my best to help him. I have covenanted in my heart to stand beside Aron in whatever he pursues in his life. It is not something I hope to get from the relationship, but something I really want to give. Best case scenario I look back when I am 80 and see that I have helped Aron in some way to achieve his life dreams. If at that time he has helped me reach mine, then so much the better, but that is not why I decided on this covenant. Because I know that God is going to put people in my life who are going to want to lay down their lives to serve the vision God has given me, I get to do the same for others without need of return. My hope in life is to gain upwards of 5 of these relationships that I can really pour myself into, people spread around the world that I will always have connection with. There are so many great, great men and women who are going to change the world in very substantial ways, I know I cannot help all of them, but I will connect with and help a few. God made us to be in community He made us to love one another like He loved us, that means loving sacrificially, beyond just an emotion. There is another friend I have from England that I have covenanted with named Adam Heather. I am willing to give years of my life just to serve the vision he has. I do not even know what that vision is yet, but I know that he is a man worth serving. God is good, He is going to provide for everyone of our needs, wants, and desires. We can give of ourselves to others with no worry for our own well being, we get to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment