Friday, November 11, 2011

Back into the swing of things

Hello beautiful people,
I am blogging again, finally sat myself down to really do it. Pretty much this year has been the most amazing of my entire life. I love it and I love every part of it.
I moved back to Redding, California on September 1st into a community called Clay St., one of the lower income areas of Redding, just down the road from my girlfriend, Helen Smidrød. It's an amazing relationship that I could write pages and pages about, but that's not what this blog is for.
Since coming back to school here at Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry I have come into a few different positions of leadership. The foremost is my role as one of four 2nd year leaders for a community outreach. We pretty much go to this specific area every week and build relationship with the people there, praying for them, talking with them, listening to their issues etc. I have a fun story from that. Last week when we went out we encountered a lady and I asked her if she had any pain that she wanted prayer for. She said that she had pain in her toes because her shoes were too small. I explained to her that it was really easy for God to make shoes bigger and I know that because I have seen him make legs grow longer, and if He'll do it for legs He can do it for shoes. When she heard this she decided that she wanted to be taller as well so we sat her down in a chair and prayed for her legs, one at a time. First I commanded her left leg to grow and (after a couple tries) she felt a tingling sensation and, when I measured her legs together, her left leg was almost a centimetre longer, then I had her pray for her other leg and after she commanded it to "Grow, grow, grow" she felt a tingling sensation in that leg too and it became even with the left one. Now, I am just as skeptical as anyone else about these things. I have had times when it was all hyped up people actually just shifting around there hips and it looked like it changed but really didn't, but this time was legit. We prayed for her toes after and the pain left for a bit (came back with a vengence by the next week) and for her baby, who was teething, the baby got healed and stayed healed. God is so amazing.
 As well as leading the community outreach, I am also co-leading a group that is working to help a ministry in Iraq. We are organizing fundraisers here and helping organize a youth conference in Kurdistan (The safe and American friendly part of Iraq) this summer. I may even go. It's pretty awesome and I feel priviliged to be able to lead the group. Really good practice/training for what I will be doing in the future i.e. leading things.
Life is truly amazing, there is so much going on, too much for one entry. For the rest of the year I think I will be using this as my legit journal/diary, sharing both testimonies and things that are going on inside my life. Hopefully the stories will be enjoyed by all. God Bless ya'll

No comments:

Post a Comment