Sunday, January 23, 2011

God and Gambling

 Here I share a quaint little story of my including God whilst doing the secular, in this case, playing poker. Before I share it though I'd like to make a couple things clear. First, I only put three dollars in and I would gladly of put that in simply for the experience. Second, this testimony is a little subjective so I'm not expecting it to be used as a proof of God's reality, like the previous stories could be. Third, it wasn't cheating cause I cleared what I did with everyone else.
 I was invited by a friend to play some poker with him and his friends, I decided that I would play the game completely dependant on the voice of God, when to fold and when raise. It was so good! As far as I remember, every time I heard that my hand would lose it would be worse, and every time I heard I'd win I would indeed, be the winner of that hand. There are two mini stories that come to mind. At one point I prayed to God that I would win the next hand, then I get dealt and Ace and queen of the same suit. I was really excited but it turned out that the dealer messed up somehow and those cards had to be scrapped. In the next deal I got a 9 and 5, and everyone else was betting real high, all that I was hearing from God was Him reminding me that I had prayed, and my friend was pressuring me to fold cause of the high bets. I did, but it turned out that I would have had two pair and no one else had anything! In the second story I had an opportunity to win a whole lot if I almost went all in, I asked God about it and all I heard was, "I love you, go for it." I went and ended up totally losing, with the consoling revelation that I didn't actually have to win. Those three dollars were a paltry sum to pay for the amount I learned about God's voice this last evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment