Sunday, February 12, 2012

Talking About Passion

I am finding that as this year has gone on, I have become less and less passionate about going after gifts and miracles and more and more about the gospel, everything that has to do with Jesus Christ. Less about the cool things I want to do and more about the way cool things that He has done. As a result of this, and some other factors, I am in an interesting position of feeling like I do not have much passion to do anything, yet still continuing to do everything I feel is necessary and enjoying it. I am still having great prayer times, reading my Bible, doing evangelism, etc. But instead of being part of some plan or goal I have in mind, I am simple taking each day/week as it comes and enjoying myself in the middle of it. It is like the normal everyday life has become my supernatural, yesterday I played football with some friends and it was amazing, lots of fun, and in the middle of it we had some injuries and we prayed for them and they got significantly better, not all the better, but there were some miracles involved, and we didn't pray because we needed to see a miracle, we prayed because they were hurt. I love this season I am in, it is so relaxing, I am okay if I play video games for a while one day or if I don't see any miracles for a month, because God is good and my performance is not what matters. I am passionate about Jesus Christ and everyday life, not my own works.

No comments:

Post a Comment