Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Living Outside of School

Last week I was talking with a friend about school and life and I realized that I had been living through school. All my purpose and feeling of responsibility had been coming from my school duties, if I finished those I felt I succeeded and could go waste the rest of my time. But next year I will not have the same benefit as I am now with the accountability and godly responsibilities that Bethel's school gives. So, I have decided to make a deliberate effort to establish a lifestyle for myself that I can perpetuate throughout the rest of my life, regardless of external responsibilities. This lifestyle is composed of personal and internally motivated responsibilities that I know I will need to fulfill where ever I am in life. They are as follows:
  • Evangelize regularly - Right now that looks like weekly going on the street with friends
  • Continually be in the Word - I am now in a process of memorizing a couple chapters each month
  • Make sure I have alone time with God - Doing nothing but being with Him
  • Build relationships - Keep up with friends and continue to go deeper
I will not depend on school to meet my daily needs, I am going to develop my own lifestyle and I am going to keep it as I go, where ever I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment